November 05, 2007

CREATE_LISTENER_FAILED_4

Description: This is often encountered when you try to start your server (WAS). It is typically seen with RAD6.0. I never came across the problem with RAD 7.0.

Reason: Occurs when the server process related to a particular server instance is not terminated and you try to start the same server. So the applications running on the ports give a problem because the port is already occupied.

Solution: Go to task manager, and end the process in the name java.exe.

WARNING: If you have multiple servers running, you might risk ending some other server process.

2 comments:

Serge said...

I had exactly this problem when trying to start a WAS 7 server from a RAD 8 environment. It turned out that in the server configuration I was using in RAD I did not check and provide security information, e.g. admin credentials, for the application server. After providing the security information everything worked fine for me.

Jasmin said...

Thank you so much!